lemon cake with raspberry glaze | vegan
This vegan lemon cake with raspberry glaze recipe is made with coconut yogurt and apple sauce. This sponge cake recipe is very easy and quickly made. The lemon cake is juicy, slightly lemony and very tasty!
Vegan lemon cake – quick & easy
For me, sponge cake means that it is quick, easy and uncomplicated to prepare and with the right recipe, like this one, it is juicy and delicious.
Vegan sponge cake with apple sauce
The applesauce is an excellent egg substitute and makes the cake really juicy and rounds off the taste of the cake perfectly. If you don’t have applesauce at home, you can also simply grate a large apple (this makes about 5 tbsp.).
With or without sugar glaze
The cake tastes delicious with or without sugar icing. The sugar icing gives the cake a light raspberry note. If you want to do without the sugar icing, but not the delicious raspberry flavour, you can also put the raspberries directly into the cake. For this I would use 1/2 cup raspberries.
This vegan lemon cake with raspberry frosting is:
- Vegan (egg-free, milk-free)
- with apple sauce
- always succeeds
- quickly and easily
- with raspberries
- easy to go
Which fruit can I put in the dough?
The cake also tastes very delicious if you add raspberries or blueberries directly into the dough. I would give 1/2 cup of the berries into the dough. With cherries or other berries the cake will taste very good too, but I haven’t tried it yet.
LEMON CAKE WITH RASPBERRY GLAZE
- 2 cup spelt flour, smooth
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup coconut yoghurt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 5 tbsp Applesauce (or about 1 medium grated apple)
- grated lemon peel of 1 lemon
- lemon juice from one lemon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of frozen raspberries (here you can take more according to taste)
- 2-4 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups of icing sugar
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and mix. Add all remaining ingredients (coconut yoghurt, oil, sugar, apple sauce, lemon peel rubbing, pinch of salt) and stir well.
- Line a box form with baking paper and pour in the mixture. Bake the cake at 170°C (~338F) for about 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Raspberry sugar glaze: Mix the raspberries with the sugar. Gradually add a little lemon juice until the sugar glaze is thick.
- Let the cake cool down. Then pour the sugar icing onto the lemon cake. Leave to dry and then serve and enjoy.
If you try my lemon cake with raspberry glaze recipe, please leave me a comment on how you succeeded and how you liked it! I am very happy about your feedback. If you photograph my recipe, link me to @cookingwithcups and #cookingwithcups so I can see your contribution!